Friday, April 16, 2010

New Job


I have been training lately for a new job I took at our church's bookstore!  I would say it is like a mini christian hallmark store.  I just work one day a week on Saturday nights, but have to go through some training first to see how everything operates.  My first day was last week, and it was fun, I must say!  There is more to it than I thought, though.  Transfers, purchase orders, pricing merchandise, making cd's/dvd's... This 40-something brain doesn't have a memory like it did when I was in my 20's!  haha  So far, so good for this SAHM going back to work!

But what did I do to myself today?  I was taking VERY HOT soup out of the microwave for lunch, and somehow spilled some of the boiling broth onto my left hand.  The contents spilled out, I dropped the bowl onto my glass cooktop stove, and made a complete mess!  I quickly took my wedding ring off and ran my hand under cold water.  This was all after going to my workout this morning and before taking a shower!  I have 2nd degree burns on two of my fingers, and the hot water from the shower hurt SO bad!  Luckily I have some melaluca oil in the medicine cabinet which took away some of the sting!

The Girl Creative

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your hand heals soon!