Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!!

Happy 4th of July!! 
We are celebrating with family and friends.  Good food, good drink and good fun!!  The Rocket Scientist got a new grill and was dying to try it out, so we have ribs, steak and corn on the cob on the grill, I made my mom's potato salad recipe and a new summer pineapple salad recipe, made some brownies and Sarah brought some Patriotic Krispy Kreme Donuts!!

The centerpiece up above only took me a little bit of time to make this morning.  I got the planter from Goodwill, bought the flags from Wal-Mart and used some floral foam to put it together, adding blue raffia as filler inside! A super easy certerpiece with no gluing involved!  Inspired by Martha Stewart.

3 comments:

Saucy said...

I thought of you yesterday my American friend, and hope you had a ton of fun. The Krispy Kreme donuts alone are worth celebration but when you add freedom and democracy to the mix its win-win-win.

xoxo

Parsley said...

Hope you had a great 4th!

Thanks for following and entering my giveaway. Good luck. Looking forward to getting to know you and your blog.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a fabulous 4th. I tried, but with the clouds I was not able to see the shuttle launch today. Of all days, I really wanted to see this one. It is so hard to believe it is the last!

Carol