Friday, July 29, 2011

Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe - when the sweet tooth hits!

This is an old recipe that I have had since I was in Third Grade.  I can remember this being the first cookie I had ever made, and the teacher bringing in her electric burner and pot while we made them in class.

Here it is in all its glory!  Ha!  I am taking these to my son's friend's house for a playdate today.  So easy and fast to whip up and you usually have the ingredients already on hand!  Love that!  My 6 year old helped, until I added the peanut butter (he is not a fan).  Posted below is the grown up version of the recipe.

Chocolate No Bake Cookies

1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups oats

Measure oats into large bowl. Rip off a piece of Wax Paper and put it out on the counter. Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, and salt in pot. Stirring constantly, heat over medium until mixture begins to boil. Boil for 4 minutes. Turn off stove, and add peanut butter. Stir until completely combined. Add vanilla, and stir again.
Stir in oats until oats and chocolate mixture is combined.

Spoon out onto wax paper. Let cool completely.  I used a small cookie scoop to spoon out the mixture.  Half of this recipe makes PLENTY of cookies!  Even enough to share!

No comments: