Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's out there. I wish my mother and mother-in-law were still here with us. I miss them both so. But life goes on, and hopefully I have learned what they taught me through the years so I can pass it on to my children. Yesterday was a big day. My friend Annette came over and we wheeled and dealed in the sweltering heat, selling our treasures until 1:00 and called it a day. We did pretty good I think! It was hard to part with some things. The tons of Beanie Babies that I got the kids which they have now outgrown, the Calvin Klein dress I have held onto for years to see if I could get back into it, the Scrapbooking idea books that are way outdated but have special layouts in them from favorite scrapbookers...but I have WAY too much stuff and need to lighten the load. All in all, a very good day!

1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Even when things are hard to part with, doesn't it feel good at the end of the day to see them gone? I love the feeling of getting things cleaned out!