Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

The Rocket Scientist is leaving to go out of town today, so we celebrated Mother's Day dinner out on Friday night.  A great steak and seafood meal at Longhorn's Steakhouse.  Yum!   Then yesterday we did some  cleaning, shopping and swimming, and today we will go to church and I will bask in the love from the kids (and see if Sweet Girl will run the vacuum cleaner for me!).  I do miss my mother and my mother-in-law.  I miss not talking to them or sending them flowers.  Here is a sweet poem I found on my friend Melissa's facebook page:
~~~
If roses grow in heaven, Lord, pick a bunch for me ~ Place them in my Mother's arms & tell her they're from me ~ Tell her that I love & miss her, and when she turns to smile ~ place a kiss upon her cheek & hold her for a while ~ Because remembering her is easy ~ I do it everyday ~ There's an ache within my heart that will never go away.

Happy Mother's Day in Heaven. I miss you Mom.

No comments: