Happy New Year!
What does this new year mean to you?? What will it bring?? It is exciting to THINK about the possibilities. I'm sure there will be good times and ones we hope would never occur. What about New Years Resolutions? We hate to make them, but only because we hate to break them! But you can't help but think about them. I like the words of that wonderful woman of God, Corrie ten Boom, who said, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
Here are a few things I would like to accomplish this year:
1. Eat better. Yep. I believe for me, sugar and wheat are the culprits in my life that make me unfit when I consume it in excess. I will try to reduce these two things in my daily food consumption.
2. Be Fit. Oh, how I do NOT like to exercise! I don't want to be exhausted, panting and out of breath. But to lose these extras pounds, I believe we have to Eat Less and Move More. That is my husband's diet. He has always said this, and he is accomplishing it pretty well these last few weeks. I will have to join him on this one, along with my daughter, who also needs to exercise. 30 minutes 5 days a week. We will see how that goes.
3. New Flooring. The carpet in my house is not in the best shape. The tile and grout needs some major help. Enough said.
4. Finish the office. It looks pretty good, but needs organized (ugh) which I do not know how to do. I am not a decorator or an organizer. I wish I was, but something happens between my brain and my hands that just does not seem to work. I will let Pottery Barn Catalogs do that for me. ;-)
5. Work with my Hands. I love to make jewelry and cross stitch. I would love to find time to do some cross stitching this year.
6. Read. I would like to read the Harry Potter Series. We will see how far I get on that!
That is it! I do look forward to some things this year. My Oldest Son graduating COLLEGE (yippee!), my youngest son graduating Kindergarten, and the middle girl -- well, I'm sure she will love getting through 7th grade! I pray I will accomplish some of my goals here. I will look back to this post over the year and see how I do. Motivation is key!
"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance."—Psalm 65:11
God is in control of your future. He is ready to bless you in this coming year.