Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You learn something new every day...

Getting pictures from my camera to my computer has always been an ordeal for me.  I have a digital SLR that I love, but to take pictures off of it and upload them into a file on my computer always took A LOT of time.  I wondered how people that had blogs and those taking a photo a day had the patience to deal with it.  I had been using the program on my computer to do this, and some friends said that I was doing it all wrong.  So I took their suggestions and tried it out today.

 I took some pictures with my little point and shoot camera, took out the memory card (didn't know you had to push down on it to make it pop up to take it out), and put the memory card in the card reader on my new computer. It has 4 slots for memory cards and I picked the smallest one and it fit! Then I went on my computer files, figured out I better click on E drive, clicked on one folder that was empty -- now I'm hoping the other file has the photos in it -- opened up the next file and there they were! I'm so proud of myself. This was WAY easier than using the program on my computer to open up pics and move them around. I can upload pics from my iPhone now also! Those pics aren't as good, but hey - at this stage of the game I'm not complaining! Now to stay perfectly still so these photos aren't so blury!

3 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

You did it!!! I'm telling you, that little plug in thing saved my life with uploading photos!

Together We Save said...

Great job!! I have a hard time with techy things!! My girls got a net book for Christmas... all I have to do is pop my card into the side of it!! I was a happy woman.

melissa said...

So glad you got it figured out - I love when these 'little' things happen in life that make us happy! ;)