Monday, February 1, 2010

The New Diet Rocks and a Banana Oat Muffin Recipe!

I must say, I just LOVE my new iPhone!  I had an iPhone touch, so I already had some apps on there, but now with internet ALL OF THE TIME I have found that this iPhone is indispensible!  I just love it.  One of the apps I found was MyFitnessPal.  It is like online journalling, where you keep track of all of the foods you eat in a day and the amounts.  You just put in what your current weight is, what you want it to be, and how many pounds you want to lose in a week.  I said i wanted to lose two pounds in one week, so it suggested I go on a 1200 calorie diet, and by the end of February I should be at the weight I want to be (losing around 14 pounds was a good start I thought).  I must say, it is easy to follow and I know how much I have at the end of the day, and I can lower my calorie intake in the morning if I am going out that evening (like tomorrow), and I LOST 4 POUNDS the first week!  Yippee!  I know this next week will not be as much, but this is something I can stick with, for sure.  I made some Banana Oat Muffins, and used my allrecipes app in the kitchen to find the recipe and to follow it. :-)  So here it is, I'm sharing it with you.  People had other suggestions of how they fix these, but I made them as is, and my recipe came to 18 muffins, making them 130 calories each instead of 12 muffins being 200 calories each.


Banana Oat Muffins

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas

Directions

1.Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.

2.In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.

3.Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 200
Total Fat: 7.5g
Cholesterol: 19mg

2 comments:

melissa said...

Yay Lisa - way to go with the weight loss.
I knew you would love the iphone. It's hard to believe how I lived without mine ;)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Yippee is right! Right on!