Thursday, January 28, 2010

Artful Thursday

Julie Collings over at The Adventures of Blue Girl XO started an Artful Thursday group this year, where a group of girls all post something artful and we get to see what each other has created.  I love to work with my hands, and this gives me an opportunity to make something with the massive  items I have already at hand.  I just take a small basket and gather some supplies that I want to work with, and start from there.  Here is what I started with:

There is some old wallpaper, some vintage lace, vintage bias tape, a blingy mismatched clip on earring, some satin ribbon, a few little flowers and some scrapbook paper.  Just a few things.  I sewed some of the paper together, trimmed it with my decorative scissors, and put together this card - ready for any occasion.


I hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont you just love doing Artful Thursdays? Great use of our supplies that get tucked away and unused.. great idea! hugs

Saucy said...

Gorgeous! As soon as the Cheerios season wraps, (in a month), I'll be a part of Artful Thursdays! Right now, this day of the week is known as "Noisy Thursday"... but I still love it.

Jennifer said...

Doesn't if feel great to use those supplies, we all have lying around. Your card is great. It's also great to have extra cards lying around. :)

Jennifer

Elise said...

I really love the colors you chose! And the combination of textures is great! What fun!

Tina said...

I love making cards and even more so with vintage pieces - this is a great card - thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend

tina
embellishments by tina