Monday, January 11, 2010

FAIL.


Fail.  A pretty harsh word, but it describes my dieting adventure from last week.  I read a few books last week - Naturally Thin, The Ultimate Metabolism and Skinny B!tch.  I really liked Bethenny Frankel's book, Naturally Thin, and her 10 rules to getting and staying Naturally Thin, so I gave it a try.  I guess even with me working out and following her "rules", I did not "taste" everything and "eat" nothing very well because I ended up GAINING 1 pound!  How can this be?  I didn't follow a carb meal with another carb meal.  I ate what she suggested.  It must be what I ate and how much I ate...so back to the drawing board to find another weight loss book that is doable.  I don't think it helped that I watched Julie & Julia last night either, since that made me want to cook with butter and eat French Cuisine now for the rest of my life.  Ugh!  Fail.  So my next venture is to check out the Low Glucose diet, and try to follow that.  The only problem is, I find white flour, white rice and corn syrup in just about everything that I already have in the pantry, including things like salad dressing and croutons.  So here goes to another week of trying to decide what diet to be on.

6 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Darn, I knew that Skinny Bitch book looked too good to be true!

Lisa Russell said...

It was all how to eat VEGAN! So disappointing... ;-)

Saucy said...

I could never, ever be a vegan. I do so lurrve my meats and my cupcakes made with buttah!

Lisa Russell said...

I couldn't live like a vegan either, I don't think. I LOVE dairy and meat so much! And eggs!

Annette Green said...

Come see me Lisa. I'll get you on track and save you a bunch of money on diet books.

Daniel said...

isn't dieting a long-term investment?