Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inspirational Thursday




WHAT NOT TO FORGET --
Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders and the judgements of His mouth. 
--1 Chronicles 16:12

Today's devotion from Pastor Greg Laurie was on remembering.  What do you remember?  Just the other day I told my friend in Gainesville I remember her daughter's birthday was January 2, from knowing this around 30 years ago...but can I remember more important things in my life?  I tend to remember frivolous things, lyrics to silly songs on the radio, something funny someone said on TV.  But verses in the bible I have known for years sometimes slip my mind!  That is what is great about the Bible.  We can always pick it up and rely on what it says as it reminds us over and over again what we should do and what we should believe.  A great quote from Pastor Greg in my devotional said this:
 
--What you think about God has everything to do with how you will live.  Why?  Because your view of God will determine how you react to what comes your way in life.

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I would love to see a post of your girlfriends' gift exchange party!

melissa said...

A beautiful, and inspiring post, Lisa! Thanks for sharing ... ad so glad you are back to blogging. Keep it up! ;)