Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Happy Birthday celebration


This past week it was the Rocket Scientist's birthday.  He always seems to have a weeklong birthday celebration.  It just goes on and on and on...  haha.  It started with gifts, followed by a dinner out to wherever the birthday boy chooses (this time it was at Amici's Italian restaurant which is SO SO yummy!), then cake and presents with our friends next door.  College Boy wasn't here to enjoy the fun, and we missed him not being here. 

I brought along my new point and shoot camera to see how it would work and took a few pics at the restaurant.  This was my meal, which I brought half of it home.  Eggplant Rollatine.  Yum!!  Eggplant roll ups filled with ricotta and mozzarella cheese.  I'm not the best at cooking eggplant, so I order it when I can and this dish was delicious!  The kids ordered a homemade cheese and sausage pizza, which you can watch them make through the window outside, and the Birthday Boy ordered a sausage and broccoli rabe dish.  I think we will have to go back soon, it was THAT good!

The Rocket Scientist wanted chocolate cake with chocolate icing, and the Little Man insisted that we decorate it with Spiderman sugar decorations and a Spiderman Candle.  He put the candles in the cake all by himself and was quite proud of his creation.  It was REALLY good -- since last years fiasco with the double layer cake trying to fall over, I stuck with what I do best - the Beautiful Bundt Cake!  I have never had a bundt cake fail me so I have decided to stick with what I know.  haha 



Happy 48th Birthday, Shwoopie!

No comments: